Thursday, April 28, 2011

SOLD!


Recently my parenting world has been totally transformed.  I went from a toddler who was a super "hitter" to toddler who is a little angel.  What was the ticket...  Love and Logic.  I first heard of Love and Logic when I had a client with three-year-old triplets, an 18 month old, and one on the way.  Her children were SO well behaved.  I was beyond impressed.  I asked her what her secret was and she said "Love and Logic."  Well, I ran to get the book ASAP after that, but it got pushed aside, accumulated dust, and I forgot about it.  Thank heaven's for Courtney, my dear friend, who reminded me of the books, offered me her copy on CD, and rescued me from the frustration of parenting.  I have listened to the books, applied the principles for about 3 weeks now, and have a totally different kid.  Hallie, who was so cute but super sassy, is now even cuter because she doesn't hit, doesn't whine near as much, and is actually learning and growing through the Love and Logic methods.  She seriously hasn't hit for about 2 weeks, when before she was hitting multiple times a day.  Now, we were disciplining Hallie all along.  I thought we had tried everything possible, but we were doing it all wrong.  I am such a huge believer in the Love and Logic system now.  The book gives you SO many tools to use in frustrating situations and teaches parents how to celebrate mistakes instead of getting mad.  I am so excited about the outlook it has given me in disciplining and guiding my children to responsibility and confidence.  It is making parenting LOTS more fun.  I just thought I would pass the word along because it is AMAZING!  I am totally, 100% SOLD!

4 comments:

Lindsay Shreeve said...

WHERE DO I GET THIS BOOK?!

Aaron and Courtney said...

YAY!!! I am so happy to hear this! We are working on Beckett not tugging on cords using "our phrase" and he's already learning it. 9 months!!! WE LOVE L&L, too!!!

The Porter Family said...

I have heard great things from a few women at my church about that book too! :) I was planning on getting it, but now I will make it more urgent because I am at my end some days with Ellie too and I feel like I have tried almost everything...hope it works for me too! Thx for the recommendation :)

Hills said...

If stores were open right now I would go buy that book! This past week Ty has started the hitting phase which I greatly dislike. He's also into screaming which is terrible when you finally get the baby to sleep. I feel like nothing works to stop his naughtyness so I am soooo excited to read this book. Thanks for sharing!

P.s. your girls are too stinkin cute! :)