3 weeks ago
Monday, April 4, 2011
We'll sing and we'll shout!
I am soooo beyond excited that our Atlanta temple is going to be up and running again here in a few short weeks. It has been under extensive renovations for almost 2 years and oh how I have missed the comfort, peace and little slice of heaven that comes from attending the temple regularly. This building is very near and dear to my heart. I have had many of the most amazing personal and spiritual experiences in my life occur surrounding temples, including my sweet marriage in the Mesa, Arizona temple.
SO, the exciting news for everyone in ears reach is that for the 2 weeks the temple is having an open house and EVERYONE, member of the Mormon faith or not, can tour it. After that, it will be dedicated and only members holding a current temple recommend will be able to enter. This is not because it is a secret and we do weird things in there, but because it is special and sacred. The tours will be wonderful and are not meant to convert (though I am sure any questions will be answered if sought) but to inform and familiarize the public with the truth about our faith. Anyone wanting to go to the open house, let me know and I will gladly go with you. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Here is a link to where tickets can be reserved for anyone interested. They are free of course :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Yay! I like this post :)
Yay for temples being close (and open)! I am so happy that we live by a big temple again- we used to have to make reservations for sessions and it was a pain :-)
Post a Comment