Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Longhorns NO MO

Well, looks like Georgia is where the Hutchison's are supposed to roam for the next four years.  We decided not to move to Texas after all.  It is a little bitter sweet.  School in TX  seemed like such a better opportunity for Eric, but while making the plans to make the move, nothing felt right.  So, despite what we may want to do, we are staying here.  How do people live without the guidance of the Holy Spirit to help them with huge decisions?  In our brains, TX seems so right, but it is obviously not and I am so grateful for the guidance from the Spirit to know that.

I am really excited to stay though because I have such wonderful friends here, I love my calling at church (Paper Mill Young Women ROCK!), and I have built a solid clientele that would take forever to rebuild somewhere else.  We have such a great townhouse for an amazing price and I know we would never find a set up like this again.  So, here's to another four years in the home of the peaches, tornadoes, giant trees, soul food, and crazy southern folk!!!!  We are glad to call it home.

8 comments:

Delia said...

It is such a blessing to have the Spirit. I am glad you guys know what you are doing for the next four years. That must be a relief.

Lindsay Shreeve said...

Brittany I had no idea you had a blog! Yay!! Hallie is growing up so fast! I hope you guys are doing well!

Ashley Terry said...

I'm not gonna lie...I'm glad you are sticking around!!! I love LOVE love having you in Atlanta!!! I think it's because you are awesome :)

Unknown said...

Ha ha! You're just going to be happy to be a southern bell like you're suppose to be. Personally, what would I do without my BFF if you moved away? Heavenly Father answered my prayer from the beginning when I prayed for a BFF when I moved to Georgia. Why would he take that away from me? I have been so faithful to him:) So glad you're sticking around. I almost walked over to your house with Dax this afternoon, but he seems tired, so I am putting him down instead. Don't be alarmed if I show up randomly at your house some days. We are just plain bored in our house.

David, Traci, and Jordin Morris said...

wow, looks pretty in the snow. Our family (david, jordin, and I) are moving to Boise, Idaho. So, we will kinda have and idea what it will be like to live in snow for a season.

Heather S. said...

We are SO happy you are staying! We love you guys!

Brea said...

I totally agree with you, I have no idea how people can make huge decisions without the Lords help. Happy that you guys got your answer and know where you're suppose to be!

Allie said...

I'm sad you won't be a fellow texan, but I'm so glad that spirit has directed you. Seriously, what would we do without it? Good luck to you all, enjoy Atlanta!