Friday, February 12, 2010

When we moved to Georgia, we were told it was in a drought.  Then this happened:

  
 
We were also told that it snows maybe once a year and it never sticks.  Today, this happened for the second time since Christmas.  
All of these were taken in our front and back yard. 

We were also told their was a lot of southern hospitality here.  Humm... ya right.  For example, we decided to go to The Olive Garden tonight, figuring no one would be there with the snow.  It was close to empty, yet we had the worst service ever.  It took at least 7 minutes for us to be greeted by our waiter, we received no refills on anything (bread, salad, water) after repeatedly asking, and everything took forever.  Almost every time we eat out here, we get horrible service.  I am not one to complain, but I couldn't hold it in tonight.  Well, i am glad I did... $20 courtesy gift card for next time. I think I am gonna complain more often. :)

6 comments:

Delia said...

Man...it must be opposite year or something. :) Sorry you got poor service. It is such a bummer to go out expecting to get a break (especially as a mom) and then have a stressful experience.

Cara Jones said...

NO FUN...but super great that you got $20!!! That is almost a free meal :-)

I love the new blog re-do! I need to do mine someday, but finding time is hard!

Have a great 3 day weekend- well hopefully Eric has a 3 day weekend that you can enjoy :-)

Amy Legler said...

Holy cow! I would have walked out before I was greeted! Good thing you complained though!!
Glad to see things are going well for you guys!

Heather S. said...

Look how cute Little Miss H is! Did she love it?

Matt and Megan said...

How fun to have such different weather than the normal hot AZ!! Your little girl is so adorable! We ate at Olive Garden last night and I was not too happy with our service! Man I should have complained!!

Ashley Terry said...

Those are some adorable pictures of Hallie!! Seriously adorable!!

I'm sad you had crappy service...but way to speak up!! I'm always to much of a pansy to do that. Good for you!