Well, we are officially getting into the swing of things. Life is so crazy the first few weeks after having a baby, but I feel like we are finally starting to figure things out a little. Hallie is so sweet and has brought Eric and I so much joy. She is sleeping better which makes me really happy! I don't mind getting up in the night, however, if Eric keeps up his hilarious sleep talking episodes. The latest: He sits up out of bed and starts motioning with his hand to the corner of our bed. Here is our conversation:
---
Eric: "Put da... put da... da... put da weapons in the ________." (I couldn't understand the last word)
Brittany: "What?"
Eric: "Put da... put da.... weapons in the oatmeal. At the corner of the bed. It will get you a point."
Brittany: *Uncontrolable laughter!!! "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"
Eric: "Why are you laughing? Stop laughing."
Brittany: *More laughs.
---
... And he doesn't remember a thing! It was all worth missing an hour of sleep. This one has to go on my list of favorite midnight quotes from Eric, along with "I'm going to round-house kick his face" and "Salt shaker of doom!" He must have some pretty crazy dreams. Now the real chaos is starting as we are trying to prepare for our move to Georgia. It's supposed to happen at the end of March but we might be postponing until the end of June. There are alot of weighing factors, but right now we are aiming for March. Although I am pretty scared to move, I am ready to do it! The sooner we begin, the sooner we finish. So I hope we can get started ASAP!
Now back to Hallie. I just love her so much it's crazy, and I love being a mom too. It's just the coolest adventure of my life. I feel so at peace like I am doing what the Lord wants me to, like I am starting my mission here on earth. I used to wonder why everyone always posts so many pictures of their kids on their blogs, and now I know why! And it's my turn so, here we go!
She got to play baby Jesus in the nativity at Eric's families on Christmas Eve.
So cute!
Two Sunday's ago we were able to bless Hallie. She looked like a little angel dressed in her white dress that both grandmas bought for her. Eric gave a beautiful blessing and it was a wonderful, peaceful, special day.
14 comments:
What a little sweetie! I love her blessing dress! Wow Georgia, that's a long way from home! What brings you out there? Good luck with the move, that's never fun (especially with a newborn!) but worth it!
Oh Britts! She is so cute!! I want to meet her SOOOOOO bad! I lost my phone, but will hopefully have another one soon. So, if you have called-sorry! I want to talk though, so if you haven't called then call soon! Good luck getting ready for the big move!
oh my goodness she's so cute! did you make her bows? they are so cute! glad to hear that things are going well.
super sweet pictures. She is so adorable. I also really like Eric's tie he is wearing.
I love it! She is adorable!!! I absolutely can't wait to have a little one of our own! And Night-Talking Eric, HILARIOUS! My husband does it too, alot of the times its about accounts and filing, haha. But my favorite was last Christmas when he sat up signing Christmas carols. I was laughing so hard it woke him up. Oh the good entertainment of sleep talking haha Love it!
Brittany! thanks for the note on my blog! i am glad you found me! congrats on your new little one, that is so great! you 3 are a cute little family! keep in touch
She is so beautiful Brittany! I love her hair & you make the cutest hair bows! I hope you are going to the play group tomorrow it will be nice to see you and Hallie! Being a mom is the best thing ever!
What a beautiful little girl! Congratulations you two that is so exciting! You look so good on your delivery day. Good luck with your big move!
Kara
oh my gosh I love her already! She is so adorable!!! What a miracle! We hope you guys stay until June, we want to see the little one! And you guys of course! Hope you are doing well!
oh she is so sweet...
ok now about this Eric sleep talking thing, Brint doesthe same thing. I have the funniest stories about him. We need to get together and share stories! :)
Your baby is so cute and adorable! I love all the pictures. It was so fun to see you up and going at the lunch group. You are looking great. I will have to hold Hallie at the next one though. I didn't get the chance at the last one. Babies are so much fun to hold.
I love what you said about your mission on earth beginning when Hallie was born. It is so true!
Hallie is adorable to say the least. I love all the girlie bows you have her wear.
Ah. I miss you. Good luck with the move.
Eric sounds like a pretty crazy sleep talker. Does he play a lot of video games or something?
That is hilarious. Dustin gets up in the middle of the night and walks into different rooms and dreams he's peeing. I think I'd prefer the talking.
brittany hallie is so beautiful!!!! you guys did so good! :-D i cant believe you're moving to georgia! it would probably be a nice change from HOT az though :] good luck!!!
Post a Comment