Tuesday, January 27, 2009

From Russia With Tough Love

Yesterday, Eric surprised me with this...


What is it, you might ask? Well, it's a kettlebell of course. He also downloaded a kettlebell book for women called From Russia With Tough Love. Here is the books definition of a kettlebell:


Eric has been using kettlebell's to workout for a while now. I remember when he first started like it was yesterday. He bought the kettlebell and a video to teach him how to begin. All I remember hearing from the other room when he put it on was, "Now pick up the kettlebell, comrade, and leave the woosie's behind." And lots of other funny quotes like that. I made fun of him at first, but he stuck with it and has lost 30lbs and looks super hot! He actually is really into it and is working towards becoming a certified instructor which is really hard, but really cool. He is going to incorporate it into his chiropractic office someday because there are tons of benefits. So that is my reason for giving into the Russians way of working out and adapting the kettlebell lifestyle. Here is one reason the book says to use kettlebell's:

That's right! The Hutchison's live on the edge! :)

This lady is in her mid 50's!!!

4 comments:

Sara said...

I learn somthing everyday! Is it really heavy?

Jenni said...

my mom loves these things...and she's pretty crazy so it must be a VERY good workout!

Jared and Delia said...

That is pretty cool. I have never heard of that.

amber {and co.} said...

hmm, I must admit Im intrigued! Where would one buy a kettlebell? Sounds like this thing actually works, let us know if you like it!