Friday, June 10, 2011

Update on room sharing

So, after much thought, we decided to just go for it with room sharing and see how it goes.  If it is a mess, we will just move Hallie out.  Last night was the first night.  Hallie slept in her big bed for the first time.  It was flawless.  I loved hearing Hallie say "I'm here, Saige-ie Bri-Lan." and "Now, now cute baby."  And all the other cute things she says to try to calm Saige when Saige was fussy.  I had to feed Saige and Hallie slept right through it.  It was great!  I felt so free to have Eric and I in the same room, in bed, alone, without a baby next to us.  Made the atmosphere much better (*wink)  Hallie didn't get out of her new bed once, and even stayed in bed playing this morning until we went in to get her.  All my fears seemed silly after it went so good.  The only flop that happened was a flop out of bed by Hallie.  We decided to not put up a bed rail so that she would just figure out not to fall out of bed.  That way she could sleep anywhere.  So, we lined the floor with pillows and I told her ahead of time that she might fall out of her new bed sometime tonight, but that if she did, it was okay and to just climb right back in and go back to sleep.  Well, about 5 minutes after she fell asleep I heard the thud, followed by "I fell!  I fell out!  I fell!  I fell!" on repeat for about 30 seconds, but then I went up to check on her about 10 minutes later and she was happily asleep back in bed.  She stayed tucked in bed the rest of the night.  So, operation sharing room and switching to big girl bed... complete!  Hope tonight is equally as awesome!

1 comment:

The Smiths said...

I love this! You are a perfect mom!