Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Name Game

Naming a baby is tough stuff!  I want our baby's name to be something that both Eric and I are totally crazy about and that fit's our little daughter perfectly.  With Hallie it was easy to agree, but this time around, not so much.  I get frustrated every time we talk about names because I LOVE certain names and Eric LOVES certain names, but none of our fav's overlap. 

Despite our differences, we decided on Saige about 2 months ago.  It will probably be her name, but some days I wake up thinking "Do I really like it?"  Maybe it's all the hormones working their magic in me right now but I am disappointed that I don't absolutely love it 100% of the time.  I feel like I am settling a bit.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Well, Eric is sold on Saige.  He loves it, but for now, we have decided to scratch deciding on her name for certain and we are compiling a list of names that we both like.  I don't know that her name will change because nothing else feels right and almost every name I throw out there Eric says "That's cute for our next daughter."  I-YI-I!!!  Anyways, feel free to throw any names my direction that you love and your hubby has vetoed.  Maybe we can add it to our list :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

HEY YOU! We were both blogging at the exact same time. Ha ha. We are totally best friends. I am confident that you will be 100% in love with a name if not that one by the time you see her and hold her. Do you have any Marie's in your family? I think Saige Marie is pretty. Rolls off the tongue if you know what I mean. See you at church tomorrow.

The Porter Family said...

Oh man! We are SO having this problem with our new little girl too! First name is decided- Claire- but I too wake up somedays and wonder if I'm crazy about it. Ugh! So irritating! And the middle name thing still seems hopeless :( But, I have a feeling that in both our cases, God will reveal the perfect name at the right time! It's patience on our part which can be the hardest thing of all!!

Delia said...

Ha ha. We didn't fully decide Reid's name until day 2 in the hospital! I totally understand. It was the middle name that was hanging us up so much at the end. Reid was decided about a month before! Still kind of cutting it close compared to when we decided Owen's name.

Good luck with the naming game. Saige is really pretty!

Here are some I like just for good measure:

Maisy, Eloise {I was going to use this name if we had a girl but my SIL took it}, Bridget, Charlotte...that is all I can think of now.

I am so excited for you guys!

Miranda said...

Hmmm... Leah, Olivia, Tess or Tessa, Brynn

That is all I can think of off the top of my head!

Cara Jones said...

Yep, we had this SAME problem with both of our kids! I really helped having a list of names and then picking the name once we saw the baby. We were sure both kids would end up with a certain name and neither one did!

I don't really have any ideas for you though :-( Sorry! But I do LOVE Saige!!!

Will you do Christmas in AZ? I have been dying to tell you our latest news, but we never got in touch with each other (sorry life is insane right now) but we are moving back to AZ sometime soon- well as soon as our house sells. AMAZING, huh? So that means we get to see each other more!!! Yay!!!

Okay, I am leaving for UT tomorrow but when we get back we NEED to catch up!

The Radmall's said...

I LOVE Saige!!! Addyson's middle name is Sage, and I love it everyday! I call her by her full name ALL the time, because I just love it! So I guess I'm a little biased, but I say stick with it!

Kindt Family said...

Saige is totally cool- I've never heard it before (except since moving to the desert- Nevada's state flower is the sagebrush & they're EVERYWHERE). :)
But I know what you mean- you want to be really excited about a name & not wonder. Just keep finding baby name websites, and watching movie credits as they scroll, writing down everything that stands out to you. It's definitely of enough importance to pray about (I'd probably pray more heavily that me and my hubby will see eye-to-eye when it's time). :) Hunter's girl name would've been Aspen. You're free to use it, since it'll probably change by the time we'd ever have a girl. :) My other girl favories are Hazel, Mercedes (Sadie) and Ella/Elle (I'll never be able to use Ella, since her whole name would be Ella Kindt- which sounds too close to elephant for me to be comfortable with!). :) But I love Ella Fitzgerald, the jazz singer. Surprisingly I love a lot of the names on the 1920's baby name list. Good luck! :)