Thursday, September 24, 2009

I am reluctant to say it, but... Georgia is growing on meThis past month has been wonderful as I have been making more friends, getting more hair clients, and figuring out how to live in a totally new world. It really is completely different.  For example: 

*  There are tons and tons of violent crimes.  I can not even watch the news for longer than one minute without hearing about a man beat to death infront of his wheelchair bound mother, or an innocent army officer mauled with her 11 year old daughter at the Cracker Barrel, or a gun show-down with a man and two robbers in the middle of the street in the middle of the day.  Needless to say, I don't watch the news anymore.

*  We were in what Gerogian's consider a "severe drought."  Obviously none of them ever lived in Arizona because I think it rains all the time here, especially lately.  Good news:  the drought is over.  Bad news:  We are extremely flooded.  It's been really tragic for many families, but thankfully Eric and I are just fine.  I didn't even know the extent of it because, like I said, I never turn on the news.  I finally decided to turn it on and see when this rain was going to end because it had been pooring non-stop for an entire week and our street was starting to look like a river.  It was then I saw this:

                                
It's Six Flaggs turned into the coolest water park ever!!!  Crazy!

*  All I am going to say is being a caucasion, I am definately in the minority.

*  In GA, bananas peel themselves:


But one thing that it has in common with Arizona is it is home to the definition of adorablness:


We are moving right along in our quest to return to the company of family.  Eric just finished his first quarter of school today!  I have realized that I need to stop focusing on the future of returning home or I will be miserable, so I am not going to think about the fact that we only have 4 3/4 years left here now. (YES!)  Nope.  I am going to enjoy today and live in and love each moment here

6 comments:

Cara Jones said...

I am sooo glad that you are starting to feel more at "home" in GA!!! I remember my first like 6 months here in TX were terrible. I cried to Jeff all the time because it was a weird place and no one in our ward knew me and the list goes on! I am so glad I decided to change my attitude because I will honestly bit a LITTLE sad to move :-) Now don't get me wrong I am SO ready to not be from TX anymore, but I love things about San Antonio now! Say hi to Eric for us and give Hallie a BIG snuggle! I can't believe how big she is :-) Love you, Britt!!!

Jared and Delia said...

That post was funny and so you Brittany! I hope Georgia can grow on you a little more. It does sound scary there!

Matt and Liz said...

hallie is so cute! that pic of six flags is crazy.

Jared and Delia said...

FYI...
I changed my blog address to:

http://establisheddec2002.blogspot.com/

Why? Long story...don't ask. :)

Katy and Lorin said...

Hey Brittany & Eric! I got your post so I checked you blog and I am so glad you were able to update. Lorin is doing great, he is in Illinois. We will be headed to Cali. next semester sometime so I will probably be in the same shoes as you except not so much rain and a little closer to family. I'm so glad you guys are doing well.Hallie is so cute! She has grown so much. we will have to get in touch sometime. Have a great day!

The Nelson Clan said...

Hey Brittany,
I was just talking about you guys the other day and I thought I would just check in on you and check out your blog. It sounds like you have been trying to get settled in there a little more and trying to get to know more people there. I think you guys are awesome in taking this leap of faith to do what you know the Lord has asked of you. Your little Hallie is so cute and is getting so big. That is crazy about all the rain you are getting and I can't believe the tornado picture. I think I saw it a while ago when I looked at your blog but I had forgot. I think that is just freaky, but cool looking at the same time. As long as you know you won't get blown away from it. anyway, I hope you guys are doing great in Georgia and we hope the best for you guys.