
Two months old already! How time just zooms past when you don't want it to. It's crazy how such a tiny little baby has had so much influence on me. And I am not just talking about influencing me to change a lot of diapers, wipe up a lot of spit up, etc. Being Hallie's mom just puts everything in a different perspective. I am sure that all of you who are mom's can totally relate, but there is just so many different lessons that Hallie teaches me everyday. The eyes of a baby are so pure. I love how she just looks at me like I am the coolest person in the world. Like she knows I can do anything, and I feel like I can because she believes in me. She doesn't even notice how many mistakes I make or how I can do so much better. She just loves and trusts no matter what. How the world would change if we could trust our Heavenly Father the way a baby trusts their parents with no worry, just complete faith. She makes me stop and see the beauty in the small things in life. My testimony has grown so much as I take the time to see things from her perspective. It really is the small things in life that testify that Heavenly Father created everything in this world. I just look at her and see the greatest of all miracles. I am so thankful to be a mother. My heart is complete now. I didn't even know part of it was missing until Hallie came and made it whole. I love this song by Nichole
Nordeman, a christian artist, about how her baby makes her want to be brave. Here are part of the lyrics that describe what I feel towards my little Hallie:
---
Welcome to the middle ground
You're safe and sound and
Until now it's where I've been
'Cause it's been fear that ties me down to everything
But it's been love, Your love, that cuts the strings
---
So long status quo
I think I just let go
You make me want to be brave
The way it always was
Is no longer good enough
You make me want to be brave
---
I am small
And I speak when I'm spoken to
But I am willing to risk it all
I say Your name
Just Your name and I'm ready to jump
Even ready to fall...
---
I've never known a fire that didn't begin with a flame
Every storm will start with just a drop of rain
But if you believe in me
That changes everything
---
Hallie's new favorite game... pat-a-cake

Shes sick in all these pics and still all smiles :)
15 comments:
Congrats on your daughter. She is so adorable!
She is so dang cute! I can't wait to have my little girl. Thanks for sharing your testimony. Dido.
I love all of her cute headbands. Did you make them? I need a couple more for Mckenna! Let's chat again soon!
What a beautiful tribute to motherhood and what a wonderful testimony. It is so amazing how much faith and trust they put in us - who are imperfect- and if we but trusted our Heavenly Father as much - who is perfect - what a world this would be? You are right.
Family really is central to God's plan.
Thanks for sharing your feelings. You are such a wonderful mom!
whoops again. I keep commenting on people's blog when Jared is logged in to his gmail account. This is Delia
Your little Hallie is SO adorable! I have just been catching up on your blog. I am so glad things are going well for you and that you are enjoying motherhood. It is definately a whole new experience, and one you'll grow to love even more (even if you think you can't) :)
Oh my goodness. You have THE cutest little girl. I love her brown hair...and her eyes are amazing! I'm glad you enjoying being a new mom....it sounds amazing!!
she's the most beautiful baby! those eyes...
Oh my gosh you guys, she is so beautiful! It's so wonderful that you appreciate the true joy of motherhood. A lot of people are missing that whole thing these days! We can't wait to see you guys! Do you guys have access to our blog? I need to make sure you are on there!
oh that is so sweet! being a mother is one of the BEST things in the world! I LOVE IT
this post was so sweet brittany. :] everything you said is so true! and lil hallie is so adorable and beautiful! way to go momma!
Oh Brit- I just love the words you wrote. It touched me... I am so happy for your little family and cannot wait to have my heart made even more whole than it already is. Your little girl is beautiful! I love all the little headbands you puy on her! so cute...
You just put everything into the words I could never find. That was so touching.
Brittany you are such a good mommy! Hallie is such an angel! Being a mom is so awesome! I love enjoy the little moments with Bailey too! Motherhood is the best!
That was beautiful, your put that perfectly! I agree 100%, it's amazing how you have a sweet little baby and it is literally love at first sight- I was amazed at the overwhelming love I felt instantly when they put Chandler in my arms! Being a mom really is the greatest blessing we have as women! Oh and Hallie is adorable, I can't wait to meet her someday :)
Post a Comment